[SG] How to include omitted CPF in current pay run for employee who has obtained Permanent Residence (PR) recently
Staff obtained PR recently but payroll is already run and released and the CPF is under paid
Possible cause (s):
Suggested workaround/ solution(s):
- Check the staff’s payslip from previous pay run and screen shot for verification use later. Take note of the Net Amount that has been paid to the staff.
- Go to Personnel > Employee Record > Personal > Select the employee > Statutory and enter the staff’s Permanent Residence (PR) date
- Go to Payroll > Employee Pay > Payee Data > Select the affected employee > Statutory tab > Tick on SDL and CPF contribution.
- Preview the current payslip of the affected staff to check the amount of CPF to be contributed from the PR date.
- Go to Payroll > Employee Pay > Preview Payslip > Select the current payrun > Calculate
- Re-run Pay run for the affected staff to calculate and include the omitted CPF for submission. However, as salary has already being paid to the staff (full salary with no CPF deduction), to ensure that the Net amount remains the same in the Pay slip as per point 1, go through the following steps :
- Go to Payroll > Pay Run > Variable Data > Select the affected employee > Variable tab > Click [Add Element] and enter the CPF contribution amount as obtained from point 4. This will be added as one of the Payment item.
- Overall effect is this payment item will net off the newly calculated CPF amount ==> Net amount payout will remain the same as per point 1
- If CPF has not being submitted to CPF board, re-generate the CPF file to include this omitted CPF for submission. If CPF has already being submitted, the omitted CPF will has to be manually submitted via the website.
- For the next pay run, the employer will need to recover and deduct the omitted CPF from the staff, go to Payroll > Pay Run > Variable Data > Select the affected employee > Variable tab > Click [Add Element] and enter the CPF contribution amount as obtained from point 4. This will be added as one of the Deduction item.
For Step 5 and 7, ensure the added pay element has to be without any statutory and tax setting and with element calculation being set as 'Cash'
[SG] How to have FWL and CPF values in the same month?
Symptoms: To contribute both FWL and CPF in current month payroll for an employee who has obtained his/her PR status in the middle of the month. However, system does not allow both FWL and CPF to appear at the same time. Possible cause(s) This is a ...
[SG] Why an employee with valid pay record is not reflected in CPF Board Return?
Symptoms: An employee with a valid pay record for the selected pay period is not listed in CPF board return report under Payroll > Statutory Return > Singapore > CPF Return tab. Possible cause(s) This report will only list employee with pay record ...
[SG] How to generate CPF file for submission
Possible Cause(s): Need to generate CPF file to upload to CPF website Suggested workaround / solution(s): Go to Payroll > Statutory Return > Singapore> CPF Return tab > Follow instruction Step 1 to Step 3 to generate the file for e-Submission by ...
CPF contribution amount in summary does not tally with the total sum of employees
Symptoms: CPF website rejected the file attached stating the reason that the summary does not tally with the sum of employees details. Suggested workaround / solution(s): The error message means that there is more number of staff under the employee ...
How to retrieve the list of failed pay run?
Symptoms: Some failed records after activating Pay run under path: Payroll > Pay Run > Action (Activated Run) Possible cause(s) NONE Suggested workaround / solution(s): Go to Payroll -> Pay Run -> Action (Activate Run) Select the affected pay group ...